JOB DESCRIPTION FOR LEGAL ASSISTANT
Our expanding law firm is currently seeking a qualified applicant to fill a part-time position of Legal Assistant. We are looking for a self-motivated Legal Assistant to ensure smooth running of the law office and effective case management. You will provide a broad spectrum of legal services under the supervision of an attorney. The areas of legal services which this law office provides to its clients are: estates, estate planning, real estate, corporate, family law, guardianships, adoptions and general corporate matters.
The anticipated number of hours of work needed for this position is 10 to 20 hours a week. As the law firm’s business increases, the number of hours for this position will increase. The rate of pay will be based on skills and prior work experience of the person hired for the position.
- Provide administrative support to lawyer and enhance office effectiveness
- Handle communication with clients, witnesses, courts, etc.
- Prepare court pleadings, contracts, wills, power of attorneys and other legal forms
- Prepare correspondence to clients, witnesses, courts, etc.
- Conduct investigations and statistical/documentary research
- Locate and develop case relevant information
- Monitor deadlines and juggle calendars
- Assist attorney preparation of trials and hearings
- Familiarity with law, legal procedures and protocols, and court system
- Satisfactory knowledge of day-to-day operations of a legal office
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of legal research programs
- Excellent secretarial and organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple activities and work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to take direction and work independently with little or no supervision
If interested in applying for this position, please contact Alexis Dishman by email: Akdishman@innovationconnector.com
Further instructions will be given to interested applicants.