August 25, 2014 – Muncie, IN – The Innovation Connector of Muncie, Indiana is hosting a baseball-themed competition called The BIG Pitch for local entrepreneurs and innovators to “pitch” their business, business concepts, product or invention to a panel of judges from the business and investment community. This event is for individuals in all phases of business, including startup or pre-startup, idea stage. High school seniors and college-age students also are encouraged to apply. Those interested can submit their ideas in one of two categories: technology or non-technology.
The BIG Pitch Competition is a chance for individuals to prove the potential of their business idea, receive feedback about the idea, meet people who can help them succeed, and maybe even win a cash prize! Competitors will have three minutes max to “hit it out of the park” before a panel of judges from the business and investment community. Only verbal presentations will be accepted, no PowerPoints are permitted.
The schedule of events is as follows:
OPENING DAY – Monday, September 8th
Opening Day: Fun & Informative Session to find out what this is all about – Ball Park Setting – Come enjoy free hotdogs and stadium style treats. 6pm – 7:30pm.The BIG Pitch Idea Competition Application Forms will be available on-line this day too.
TRAINING CAMP – September 22nd, September 29th, October 6th
Cover Your Bases: Workshop Sessions – 7pm – 8:30pm – Learn from experts (people who have already done it) – Learn what is needed to take your idea to reality.
THE DRAFT- Monday, October 13th
Final Day to submit The BIG Pitch application
The BIG Pitch – Monday, October 20th
Throw Us Your Curve Ball! – Final Competition – Starts at 6pm – Winners will be awarded following.Get your popcorn, cotton candy, hot dogs, peanuts & Cracker Jacks!!!
The BIG Pitch winners will receive:
- Cash Prize of up to$ 5,000 working capital
- Six months space access to The Landing Zone in the Innovation Connector (Value: $900)
- Consultation sessions with a local CPA – Whitinger & Company, LLC (Value: $500)
- Consultation with local business attorney – DeFur Voran (Value: $300)
- Branding or marketing sessions with Whitinger Strategic Services (Value: $500)
- Digital Marketing Consultation – Farmhouse Creative (Value: $250)
- On-site business coaching services at the Innovation Connector for the first six months in the Landing Zone (Value: $1000)
- Being Selected as The 1st BIG Pitch Winner (Value: Priceless)
- Winner and winning pitch will be showcased at the 1st Annual Excellence in Entrepreneurship Night (Local MVP!)
- All competitors will receive invaluable feedback, a fun experience and valuable exposure to investors, business leaders, potential mentors and local exposure.
For more details or to make a submission go to www.innovationconnector.com and click The BIG Pitch link or contact Jennifer at 765-285-4900 or firstname.lastname@example.org . The BIG Pitch is presented by the Innovation Connector, ISBDC, and Downtown Muncie.